How to create an Objective from scratch in TG
- You can either create a new Objective from the Objectives icon on the side bar or on your team page.
- If you choose the Objectives icon, the default view is ’My OKRs’
- The current period is the default - here 2022 - Q1. You can click to scroll to different period.
- Click on the ‘+’ to add a new Objective
Choose which type of Objective to create:
You can create:
- company level objectives (if you have permission)
- personal objectives
- team level objectives (if you have permission)
Writing the Objective:
- The team you chose will automatically appear.
- Write your Objective and if you choose to, you can give it an additional description.
- You have the option to choose the period for the Objective and if that period is short or long term, for example annual versus quarterly.
- The default owner of the Objective is the person who creates it. If you click on the name of the owner you can assign it to somebody else.
- To align the Objective click on ‘Select Parent’ to search for the most appropriate Objective to align with.
When you view any objectives they have the OKR period for which the OKR is valid and team listed alongside the Objective name :
How to align an Objective with another Objective:
It is very useful to align objectives with another objective to show how they are linked and contribute to the wider organisational goals.
Each objective can be linked to one other objective in TG and long term objectives can only be linked with other long term objectives.
There are two ways to align objectives. You can either do it when you create the objective (method 1) or after you have created the objective (method 2).
Note: If you choose to continue an objective into a new period and the objective is aligned to another objective; you will need to realign it in the new period.
- Choose a company Objective to align to or search by team to align to another team’s Objective.
To align your Objective after it has been created, firstly open the Objective
Click the Pencil icon so you can choose which Objective to align to. You can then choose to align with a Company objective, a Leadership Team objective or to search for another team's objective to align to.
How to view aligned Objectives
The easiest way to view all the aligned Objectives in your organisation is by choosing Objectives in the left hand menu and then Align from the main screen.
This shows all aligned Objectives throughout your organisation.