How can we implement Game Plans in our organisation?
A Game Plan outlines to the whole organisation what needs to be done to execute against the strategy at a function or team level
- Drive strategy execution alignment
- Show how each function, unit, team have internalized & intends to execute against strategy
- Enable teams & individuals know what is expected of them and understand their impact in the organisation
How to implement Game Plans
Start of the year - Game Plans are created for the year
- The leadership team Game Plan is created in TG.
- Each Function and team creates their own Game Plan in TG once the leadership Game Plan is completed.
- Each team uses their game plans as their strategic 'action plan' and in particular reviews the Methods & Plans and Obstacles & Dependencies to ensure that their Game Plan remains fit for purpose.
- The Game Plan needs to remain aligned with the OKRs.
- Review and update the appropriate components in the Game Plan during the retrospective, to ensure the OKRs for the upcoming period will be achieved.
See also How to run a Game Plan workshop