How to create and run a digital facilitation with a team.
Every team can run digital facilitations and anyone in the team can create and run digital facilitations with their team.
⚠️ If you are not a member of the team, you will not be able to run a digital facilitation for that team - you first need to become a member of the team.
⚠️ Digital Facilitations are only visible to team members - nobody else in the organisation can view them.
You find the Digital Facilitation by firstly choosing your team:
Let's create a Digital Facilitation for the Virtual Training team.
Choose the Digital Facilitation tab from the Virtual Training team page.
Here you will see new digital facilitations which need to be answered and also the results of previous digital facilitations.
You click on the green circle with the + to create your digital facilitation.
The facilitator who creates the Digital Facilitation is also able to respond and vote during the facilitation.
Part 1 - Creating
- Describe the topic you would like to find alignment on.
- Design and type the question(s) you want to ask - up to 20 questions per facilitation.
- Click Start to begin the facilitation.
Part 2 - Responding
- Team members can access the Digital Facilitation in 2 ways, either through the link you send them via chat/email or by logging into TG and going to the Digital Facilitation area in 'My Teams'.
- Everyone will be able to view who is online and who has answered the Digital Facilitation as well as those who have not yet answered.
- The avatars in the bottom right corner with the colleague name/icons will be green if they are online and will have a tick once they have answered the questions.
- The facilitator can choose when to move onto the voting phase of the facilitation at any time.
- To give people the opportunity to submit their responses if there are still team members who haven't answered it's always a good idea to warn people before you close this phase of the facilitation.
- If there are still team members who have not responded when the facilitator chooses to move to the voting phase, there is a prompt which asks the facilitator if they are sure they want to proceed.
- Any responses which have not been submitted before you move onto the voting phase will not be visible and therefore cannot be voted for.
It is possible for team members to submit their answers even if they are blank and have no response.
Team members can give multiple answers to the same question if they wish.
All responses are anonymous.
Part 3 - Voting
- Team members can choose which responses to vote for. They can vote for as few or as many responses a they like.
- It is only possible to vote once per response.
- Team members do not need to vote for any responses before submitting.
- The facilitator can choose when to move onto the summary phase of the facilitation at any time.
- To give people the opportunity to submit their votes, if there are still team members who haven't voted it's always a good idea to warn people before you close the voting phase.
- If there are still team members who have not responded when the facilitator chooses to move to final phase, there is a prompt which asks the facilitator if they are sure they want to proceed.
It is possible for team members to submit their votes even if they are blank and have not voted for any response.
All voting responses are anonymous.
Part 4 - Concluding
- All responses and votes per response are ranked in order, highest votes first.
- Only the top 3 highest votes for each question are shown.
- You can Expand All Answers to show all the responses and votes.
- The facilitation is likely to have some actions, next steps or you may just want to add a summary.
- The facilitation is stored in the Digital Facilitation tab in 'My Teams'.
Removing a Digital Facilitation
- The only person who can remove the facilitation from the 'My Teams' area is the person who created it.
- Remove the Digital Facilitation by clicking on the 3 dots in the upper right corner.